A lot of people have miso soup every day with meals in Japan. Because of that, there are many variations. Most of the time there are no particular recipes since they just use whatever ingredients are on hand.
- 1 square Aburaage
- 1/2 small onion
- 4 cups Dashi (fish broth)(960ml)
- 4-5 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Cut Aburaage in half, then cut into thin strips. Slice onion very thinly.
- Boil Dashi. Add Aburaage and onion to Dashi and cook until onion becomes tender.
- Reduce heat to low and dissolve miso paste in the Dashi. Take care not to boil.
- Add green onions and remove from heat.