The topping, however, can be anything you like, really. I had leftover baked salmon from dinner the night before, so it was recycled into this dish. And I have to say, salmon still made a pretty good Donburi.
If you ‘d like to see more details on Donburi dishes, please check out our Oyakodon Video.
- 1 cup (240ml) Dashi
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp Sake
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup cooked salmon, largely flaked
- 4 eggs
- 4 bowls of steamed rice
- green onions, thinly sliced
- Add Dashi, sugar, Sake, soy sauce and Mirin in a large frying-pan. Heat until boiling.
- Add onion and cook for 2 minutes at medium heat. Then add salmon.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour over the salmon and onion. Cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour eggs and salmon with sauce over rice in each bowl. Sprinkle with green onions.